Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Art 180 Mural Art Program

Volunteering with Art180 has been nothing less than rewarding. When I was asked to volunteer as a program teacher's assistant, I was taken aback but another part of me was thinking "This is your chance to work with children like you've been wanting to". So I took the offer. I'm really proud I did.

The Mural Art program that I am helping to lead is now over for the Fall/Winter semester. Spring is approaching and we are going to utilize that time (not to mention warm weather) to finish our mural.
Our kids proved to be champions! This winter definitely had its cold evenings and we were out painting during them on Thursdays, faithfully.

Here are a couple of beautiful images I got to capture with my camera at our 'Open Studio' to showcase the kids'work:



Artist/Program Leader,' Ham?' at work.

Not hardly done, but I hope you enjoy the progress so far. I'm looking forward to the Spring Semester! I'll be inviting you to our final Open Studio.

P.S.- I've developed my first nickname, 'Spam!' during our program. It matches the program leader's (HAM?) name. How awesome. Haha.

|☮&♥|

No comments: